Friday, April 5, 2019

Heart to heart






From my heart to yours.



Know you loved.



Know you are cared about.



Know you are prayed for.




I have a few years of life experience and oh, I wish I could impart to others the knowledge of past failures and that they would understand.  I heard it said once, a wise man learns from his mistakes, but a wiser man learns form the mistakes of others.  As a mom, a friend, there’s nothing worse than that chilling fear that grips through your whole body, when someone you love walks away. 

As much as I love the story of the prodigal son and how comforting it is that God will always take us back no matter how far we stray, it’s hurts from the side of the one waiting.  The heaviness of the homecoming.  Yes, there’s the joy of the return, but there’s also the weight of sadness for the time missed. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to lose those years. 



Heavenly Father, You’ve created us for relationship, first with you and then with others.  Our relationships matter, enough that you tell to go and reconcile with each other before even going to your altar.  I’ve learned far too often, almost all the time, division happens through misunderstandings and wrong perceptions.  Please intervene and clarify these things before we lose valuable time with each other.  In Jesus Name, amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment